Thursday, May 19, 2016

Brandon's Discovery Eduation 3M Young Scientist


My name is Brandon. In gifted this year, I worked on a project called The Discovery Education 3M Young Scientists Challenge. This challenge is for 5th graders and higher. What you have to do,  is think of a problem in this world that can be solved. It can be any size, it can be about a trash can. Anyway, once you have your problem you have to do research for it. Then you have to come up with a solution for your problem. Now for this step there’s three ways to go. You can either build a prototype for your solution if you need to make something and then gather up all your information, write a well thought out script and make your submission video and register for the challenge. The other way is if you need to build something, but you can’t manage to you can draw a picture for your invention, make a script and make your video. Finally if you don’t have to make invention then just explain in your video how your going to solve your problem.


 The problem I wanted to solve was to come up with a solution to keep animals staying out of your trash because that has happened many, many times. It would take a very long time to explain how my trash can invention so there is a video under these words that is my submission video.I hope you enjoy my Discovery Education 3M Young Scientist submission video.


 I want to thank Ms. Snyder for introducing me to the Discovery Education 3M Young Scientist Project and everyone who motivated to push on with this project.




No comments:

Post a Comment