Friday, May 31, 2013

End of the Year Newsletter

            Oneco Elementary’s Gifted Program
                  “ We are a laboratory, NOT a factory!” 

_______________________________________________________  

Dear Parents,

What a wonderful year we have had and I can not believe it is almost over. We have all learned a lot this year and yes I did mean WE. Some say that an educator’s biggest job is to promote life long learning in our students and the only way I know how to do that is to model it. Honestly, your children have inspired me on a daily basis to explore, to question, to discover and push my boundaries just a little bit further, which I truly thank them for. I suppose the general philosophy for Oneco’s Gifted Program truly fits us nicely, We are a laboratory, NOT a factory.  As explained on our website, laboratories are places of exploration, questioning, discovery and the focus is on the learning process. In factories the focus is usually about the outcome or products. Those in factories are taught to do something one way and never expected to ask why or to try to find a better way of completing the task. There will be adjustments being made in your child’s general education class to meet Common Core Standards and I am aware of these changes. As it has been, within our laboratory we will hone and strengthen not just the seven goals from Florida’s Framework for K-12 Gifted Learners, but Common Core Standards as well. We will continue to do what we can to construct projects in such a way that a multitude of cross curriculum skills are covered.

In closing, it has been a wonderful year and your children continue to amaze me. They have been a true joy, and I would like to thank you for sharing them with me. As always our laboratory has an open door policy so please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. Please have a wonderful and safe summer!

                           
                           
                                       Thank you for the support!
                                       Frances M Snyder (Francie)
                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment